Tips on Putting Off the Flesh:
1. Renew your mind often in the Word of God. It’s your only offensive weapon and life compass (Rom. 12:2, Eph. 4:23).
2. Put on the new nature. It’s who you are (2 Cor. 5:17, Col. 3:10, Eph. 4:24, 1 Pet. 3:4, Gal. 5:16). Believe it and internalize it!
3. Deal with unbelief by unzipping your soul in honesty with God. Get real with the tough stuff, guys (Psalm 56:1). God can handle you. Replace the lies with the truth.
4. Discharge hindrances by participation in community of confession and healing prayer. This is powerful (James 5:16). Your issues simply point to God. They’re not who you are. Also, Biblically-based Theophostic Prayer permanently removes subconscious lies that hinder your growth.
5. Meditate on relevant verses. Breathe the Word like air (Psalm 1:2).
6. Remember the inside out principle. The heart must be touched before behavior naturally changes. Submit your heart in trust to God and allow Him to work in it. Everything flows from that posture (Prov. 4:23).
7. Ask, Seek, Knock. Ask for what you really need. Seek His presence and wisdom. Knock until your knuckles bleed (Matt. 7:8). Then do what He tells you.
8. Use boundaries with yourself and others. Using internal boundaries with ourselves and healthy boundaries with others protects us from the flesh.
9. Give yourself grace and truth and time. Frame your life in God’s grace. Be gracious with yourself as God is with you. Keep your perspective. You’re in a lifetime process (Eccl. 3:11).
10. Worship the LORD. Worship aligns you with God’s purposes, puts demons and lies to flight, and opens the door to breakthroughs and victory. Delight yourself in Him and live in a state of worship (Psalm 37:4, 29:2).
Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Ephesians 4:23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind
Psalm 56:1 Your desire is for truth in the inner parts
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
Colossians 3:10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him
Ephesians 4:24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.
1 Peter 3:4 rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.
Galatians 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation.
James 5:16 Confess your sins to one another and pray for one another so that you may be healed
Psalm 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night.
Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.
Matthew 7:8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time.
Psalm 29:2 Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness.
Psalm 37:4 Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.